Best brand tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbutler25

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the tires on my 2009 Tahoe. I have been doing a lot of research on different brands, but am unsure what brand I want to go with. I'm trying to see what you all think.

lebrult

Reaction score
BFGs

I recently bought a Z71 Tahoe and will put BFG TA/KO tires on it. They are phasing out the "old" version but you may still be able to get them. Either way, I have run three sets on a 2008 Z71 Silverado with only positive feedback, a 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TA/KOs and MTs) as well as a 2008 4Runner. In fact, I just changed out the tires on my 4Runner with 72K miles on them. I am sold...

If anyone has a better/comparable tire, please let me know. My next thing is to determine the max size I can put on the new Hoe with or without a leveling kit.

LL

07burb

Reaction score
It all depends on what kind of tire are you looking for? Road tire? all terrain? mud?

Last edited:

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as brand, my choice is always Goodyear. I worked for them at one time and do not anymore but I have toured their plants and have always liked their tires. My choice, when I can afford it, is always Goodyear. The tread design is something you have to decide.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for an all season M&S Tire, I think you'd be hard pressed besting Michelin. Yes, usually one of your most expensive tires, but also commonly do all things very well, ride, handling, both wet and dry weather, and the mileage you'll get from them.

Another, might be Nitto, they too seem to be making very good quality tires, and if an all terrain it is, then the terra grappler gets very high marks for quality, and quiet ride for such a tire.

I think others such as Yoko, Hankook, Pirelli, Conti, Firestone-Bridgestore, and many others will not be as good.

Goodyears, I've had many on many different vehicles over the years. My two biggest dislikes of the tires I've owned by them, is a ride that seems to become harsh-hard after some relatively little miles are placed on them, and also, none ever seemed to last that long.

I'm currently running Nitto 421Q 285/45-22 on my Tahoe. Prior to that were the Michelin LTX

taho3fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Nitto, Toyo and Michelin. As a tip, don't focus only on the brand, know the type of terrain you're going to conquer and your budget as well.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One can usually read user reviews about the various brands-models of tires at places like Tire Rack, or DiscountTireDirect.

Always best to research various tires before plucking down cash.

One hopefully wishes to come away with not only good value for your money spent, but a tire that does do many things well.

You might fork over mucho money for say a Michelin Tire, but if one gets longer mileage, and better all around performance, then the money IMO was wisely spent.

Tires are a very important safety item, just like having good brakes, good lights, etc.

Notsobroke

Reaction score
I don't post much but just put Goodyear armortrac on my wife's tahoe im in New York and already tested them in snow , rain , dry. Good tires and I got them from onlinetires.com for 100 a piece