BIG PROBLEM!!! Multiple codes & flashing check engine light. Plz help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05TahoeLS

Reaction score
Backstory: Okay guys after searching through various Tahoe related forums looking for answers I finally bit the bullet and decided to join one in an attempt to further gather information on my trucks issues.

I recently came home from being on the road (I'm a truck driver) and I fired up my 2005 Chevy Tahoe 4.3L with 170k highway friendly miles and was met with a illuminated check engine light and a fairly rough idle. Oddly enough even though it has a rough idle when driving the ride is smooth and without hesitation but once I come to a stop it gets rowdy again. Also the check engine light flashes every so often while I'm driving as well (never seen that before). So I went to my buddy's house and he plugged up an OBD-II diagnostic code reader and it listed the following codes P0131, P0171, P0174, P0300, P0455, P0446, P0446, and P0496. Codes P0446 and P0496 appeared twice on the reader so I assume that it's twice as bad. Can anybody give me some deeper insight on what these codes mean and how I can fix them? Furthermore I went ahead gave it a decent tune up including new plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, gas cap, and changed all the fluids and I still have the same codes and same nasty idle when at a standstill. Please help.

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear the codes and monitor with a scanner. take for a quick spin and recheck codes to see which ones come back right away. Then you have a direction to start testing and diagnosing.