Black on Black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks pete.. hehe.. u know where to get one of these at?? by the way.. then how would u mount one of these on? over the original bumper or what>?? thanks

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i dunno about mounting the real deal...

the ebay bumper covers say they fit over, then bolt or rivit.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you!

Here's my 97 Burb.

IMG_2803.jpg

that is exactly what i wanted to see did you paint the bumpers and grill or powder them how do you like it as far as maintenance wise i love the look i think this settles it right here im going to do it

Thank You all so much for the help and info

BTW the ss bumper looks good but i am lifting this thing 6 inches so i dont think it would look right with that bumper but thanks for all the help guys

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too was looking at the SS bumper. I changes the front end alot but i want some sort of durability on the bumper. bigblackburban, thats a mean looking ride, I like it alot. And I would definately powdercoat the rims, 97hoehere.

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is exactly what i wanted to see did you paint the bumpers and grill or powder them how do you like it as far as maintenance wise i love the look i think this settles it right here im going to do it

Thank You all so much for the help and info

I actually painted the bumpers and grille. I roughed up the chrome, and used self etching primer, before painting. My original plans were to paint the bumpers to get a feel for how it would look, then order some raw bumpers and have them powder coated. The painted units are holding up better than I expected, so I purchased a steel cowl hood instead.

Anvilair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually painted the bumpers and grille. I roughed up the chrome, and used self etching primer, before painting. My original plans were to paint the bumpers to get a feel for how it would look, then order some raw bumpers and have them powder coated. The painted units are holding up better than I expected, so I purchased a steel cowl hood instead.

I also painted the bumpers almost the same exact way and have been very happy with the results.

But your burb is way nicer looking than my Kon!:thumbsup:

Sweet ride!

Attachments

• yukon2.jpg
    yukon2.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 9

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont get my wrong the blk on blk looks good, but sasquatch has it right with bringing out a orignal look. I mean how easy is it to black out the chevy...not that hard. Take a little time to appreciate it......ahh the brain..sasquatch...Im still not decided on my 2 colors for mine yet if you can believe that. Ive been to the paint store looking at their books for at least a week or 2. Gonna go with a dupont with 4 coats of clear though when I do figure it out. How many coats of clear did you use?