Black rims on a white Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this is only talk, but certainly after I get a Blackbear tune and finish up my system, I'm going to have nothing else to do to the inside of this truck and I'm going to want to have some exterior work done. Here's stuff I would like to do:

Debadge and remove side moldings
Paint front GMC logo to match
Paint rear bumber and chrome piece of front bumper to match
smoked LED tails (I'll be getting these very soon)
2/3 drop
Tint all windows
22"s

Everything on this list, taken one step at a time will be pretty cheap except for rims/tires. I like the idea of black rims but I'm not sure how good they will look on a white truck. Black rims are also alot cheaper than chrome, and I never really wanted chrome rims in the first place. I was looking into the 22"American Racing rts rims. How would these look on my truck, taking a 2/3 drop into consideration?

286-311rts_black.jpg

Subwoofers007-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I think the black and white combo would look alright on your truck.

There are some people who think the black wheel thing is out of style. They are to an extent. They have to look right on the vehicle IMHO.

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would look good. The black rims would tie in with the windows/side steps.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edited my original post. Forgot to mention that I'll be tinting the windows too. Right now I just have factory privacy glass and nothing else. They make a chrome version of this rim but I was thinking it might look odd since I'm basically getting rid of all the chrome that's already on the truck.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would look really good. Nothing wrong with going in this direction. Do it.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see some positive feedback. Anyone know how much tires would run for something like this? These are 22x9.5. I would probably get Toyo Proxes again.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on which size 22" tire you go with, you're probably looking at $700-$800 for tires once they are mounted and balanced. Toyo's might be a little more than that. I've always had good luck with Nitto's on my truck, but I haven't had them on my Tahoe yet. Others might be able to chime in on this.

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Nittos on my black 22's and I love them. Of course my truck is half black and the black rims go very well. I used to be a chrome guy, but now I think it only makes most things look cheesy. And the more little chrome things here and there the cheesier and cheesier it gets. JMHO... Those black rims on that truck I think would look great, once you are fully tinted. The black windows are what will pull it off nicely. I used to have a white Benz ML320 tinted out, and black add-ons like, Brush Gaurd, taillight cages, running boards all looked great.

animalbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the black and white combo would look alright on your truck.

There are some people who think the black wheel thing is out of style. They are to an extent. They have to look right on the vehicle IMHO.

Black wheels will never go outta style :cool:

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this might help.
Not my finest Photoshoping but it was quick.

Attachments

• Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 45

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a great animation of it hoping but I can't get it to animate when I post it, so if someone wants to tell me how I will.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a great animation of it hoping but I can't get it to animate when I post it, so if someone wants to tell me how I will.

You could link it somewhere else like photobucket maybe.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
white truck with black rims ALWAYS look vicious
especially if u do a drop like you say... wow niceee
then debadge the whole t hing

yikes...

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one lowered with some rockstars and I will get the other ones in a little while not bad for the 1st time :thumbsup:

Attachments

• lowere tahoe with rockstars.jpg
    lowere tahoe with rockstars.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 38

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is it with the american racing

Attachments

• lowered tahoe with american racing copy.jpg
    lowered tahoe with american racing copy.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 26

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. Im definatly going to try and make this a goal for some time next year. And although the Toyos are more expensive according to the posts here, the local shop here has put sets of Toyo tires on this truck, dad's BMW, and step-mom's Lexus. Maybe they could cut me a deal.

I probably won't make much progress as far as getting money together until summer when I'm actually working alot. Until then I'll get small things like LED tails and remain a broke college student for the time being. Also a Blackbear Tune should keep me entertained for a long time.

Edit:
Can you photoshop it one more time so the body side trim is removed, and the chrome piece on the front bumper is painted white to match? I'll remove the side trim no matter what because I've seen the results, but what do you all think of the idea of having that front bumper area painted?

Last edited: