brake lights aren't working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2sdesgone

Reaction score
I have an 01 Tahoe, my brake lights won't come on when I press the pedal, but the third brake light will. Also, when the headlights are on, they are on, but not when I press on the pedal. Any ideas on why and how do I fix it?

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the bulbs then check the sockets that they are in to make sure no moisture or correction is present . There is also present a stop lamp switch located just above the brake pedal could also be the problem. also make sure the fuse is good should be since the tail lights are running

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i initially installed my LED tailights....i accidentally plugged them in backwards and got a similar symptom...

Solution:

Replaced rear tailight fuses under the hood on the driver's side fuse box in the engine bay

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When this happened to me, it was my brake light switch that's connected to the pedal I guess. Was like a $18 part and with labor made it like $100.