Brights Not Turning On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while.

My problem is with (I think) the turn signal assembly. To turn on my brights, I pull the turn signal wand towards me. I'm not feeling the "click" and the brights don't operate at all.
Is the problem with the turn signal wand, or in the steering column? Where can I start to look to understand the problem, and then repair it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Pete

blairian

Reaction score
I'd start small and then work my way big. Do your turn signals still work?

My guess just from what you have written is that it would be in the steering column. Switches have a bad habit of breaking with age...

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, everything else on the wand works. blinkers, cruise wipers etc. I suppose I gotta take that steering column cover out and have a look at whats in there.

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that mine dont turn on if the light knob on my dash isnt turned all the way to the right.

Zipper369

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that mine dont turn on if the light knob on my dash isnt turned all the way to the right.

When I first got my Tahoe, I used the high beams and they worked fine, but for the next week I couldn't get them to work again. I let a friend drive and he turned the highs on. I was puzzled for the rest of the night until I realized that I had been driving around with my parking lights and day/night running lights instead of full headlights... I felt pretty dumb then.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK the mechanical click is accomplished in the mulit function switch..... I would suspect that is what is going out on ya.....