Brush Guard (and Possibly Roof Rack)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones16

Reaction score
So I bought a Tahoe a little over a month ago and I'm looking to get a brushguard for it. I want to do it to protect the front end, and, well, to make it look badass. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where/what brand to get? Also, can anyone explain how to install a brush guard? I assume you remove the front tow hooks and essentially slide the brushguard in there like you would attach something to the rear hitch, but that's just my assumption.

The Tahoe is Burgundy with tan interior and I'm looking for a black brushguard. Here's a picture of the 'Hoe:
SLmMc.jpg

And here's a picture of a truly badass Tahoe with a brushguard like what I would like:
Ea0CM.jpg

In addition to the brushguard, what are your thoughts on a roof rack like the one on the black Tahoe? Any idea of price/where to buy/difficulty of installation?

beh2241

Reaction score
Where to buy Roof Rack

I'm not sure of the price because there are variations of the model in your picture that you provided. R.E.I. carries a wide variety and you can shop online as well. Thule racks are one of the best out there in my opinion so you can't go wrong with one. I'm also looking for a Brush Guard for my Tahoe and by the way what type of tires are those in your picture of the Black Tahoe?

mattjones16

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the price because there are variations of the model in your picture that you provided. R.E.I. carries a wide variety and you can shop online as well. Thule racks are one of the best out there in my opinion so you can't go wrong with one. I'm also looking for a Brush Guard for my Tahoe and by the way what type of tires are those in your picture of the Black Tahoe?

No idea about the tires. I googled that picture and I think it actually came off of TahoeYukonForum.com. I posted the same thing over there and mentioned that fact, and asked if anyone recognized it. If someone says "Hey, that's mine!" I'll make sure to ask about the tires.

As far as variation in the models, do you just mean that the black one is a Z71?