Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnapAttack

Reaction score
New to forum so thanks for considerations here. Picked up a 2007 Tahoe with blown speakers. Bose w/o Nav. Just ordered BB Tune, catback, CAI so time to get her singing. $1000 budget (including harness/connectors) and not looking to crack windows. Just step up from OEM.

HU - Kenwood DPX500BT
Front - Rockford P1675-S
Rear - Rockford P1675
Amp - Sound Ordance M-4050 (50x4)
Sub/Amp - Sound Ordance B-8PTD (125x1)

1. Any foreseen issues or substitutions for above in same price range?

2. Rear Pillar 3.5". Ditch or keep? If keep, how do I tie into the setup?

3. Will the B-8PTD fit in stock location? Want factory appearance.

This is a father/son project and we have limited audio experience. Mainly engine builders for foxbody Mustangs. Seems pretty straight forward with the harnesses available.

Thanks for the advice. :happy160:

SnapAttack

Reaction score
So ended up ordering the following after researching the forum more and some outside advice.

HU - KW-HDR81BT
Front - RF P1675-S (60 rms)
Rear - RF P1675 (60 rms)
Sub - JBL 8w3v3-4 (250 rms)
Amp - R600X5 (50x4, 200x1)
Harnesses recommended by HU supplier to keep OEM functions.

The sub will be mounted in stock location (console) in custom box to provide the cubic feet recommended by sub manufacturer. All will be installed 4 ohm with 8 gauge to amp.

1) Where should I mount the amp? I want it out of site and doubt there will be any room left in the console. Is the rear storage compartment the only other place to put her?

2) Can I still run the rear pillar 3 1/2 off the deck for rear fill with the hatch open or will I be running enough power that they will drown out and therefore useless?

Thanks. Will be posting our DIY projects as parts arrive.