Bulk Oil Filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sloHOE

Reaction score
I'm looking to start doing my own oil changes. Anyone know where to get oil filters in bulk for a 2000 Tahoe? It's a 5.3L. I'd heard on a forum for my other car that you could buy filters in bulk packages and seems like that's the best way to do it. :popcorn:

jplinville

Reaction score
Why buy in bulk, when you can register as a business with your local parts supplier and get a discount?

Stay away from FRAM or FRAM made filters.

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with FRAM?? I don't use them but I'm curious now that everyone is saying to stay away from FRAM

jplinville

Reaction score
Whats wrong with FRAM?? I don't use them but I'm curious now that everyone is saying to stay away from FRAM

Poor manufacturing. High failure rates...the filter material clogs easily and will collapse, sending the oil through the bypass feature, causing dirty oil to circulate faster than a WIX filter will.

Also, every FORD vehicle I've ever put them on will have start up knock right after installation.

The filter media is really nothing more than cardboard inside a FRAM.

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor manufacturing. High failure rates...the filter material clogs easily and will collapse, sending the oil through the bypass feature, causing dirty oil to circulate faster than a WIX filter will.

Also, every FORD vehicle I've ever put them on will have start up knock right after installation.

The filter media is really nothing more than cardboard inside a FRAM.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! I'm a Royal Purple guy, I don't think i've ever used a FRAM filter in any of my vehicles.