Buying this week, need help with options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akim47

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to buy either a Tahoe or Denali this week, but need some advice.

What do you think about the NAV system? Is it worth it, or should I get an aftermarket system. What about the Rear Entertainment System? Any thoughts?

I am getting GMS employee pricing, so i guess it's an ok deal...

Also, the options effect what truck I get.
Im in SoCal, and the Tahoe LTZ loaded retails for $53,140... The similar optioned Denali MSRPs for $53,470... At that point, it's a no brainer of which truck to choose - the Denali (6.2L, 6 spd, other features)....

So I was thinking if I should get the Tahoe and do away with a lot of the unncessary options to cut down the cost and justify my decision for a Tahoe. I've shopped the area and have found some decent LT2 and LT3 packaged Tahoe's for a good price....

Would like to hear all of your thoughts....

AK

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to buy either a Tahoe or Denali this week, but need some advice.

What do you think about the NAV system? Is it worth it, or should I get an aftermarket system. What about the Rear Entertainment System? Any thoughts?

I am getting GMS employee pricing, so i guess it's an ok deal...

Also, the options effect what truck I get.
Im in SoCal, and the Tahoe LTZ loaded retails for $53,140... The similar optioned Denali MSRPs for $53,470... At that point, it's a no brainer of which truck to choose - the Denali (6.2L, 6 spd, other features)....

So I was thinking if I should get the Tahoe and do away with a lot of the unncessary options to cut down the cost and justify my decision for a Tahoe. I've shopped the area and have found some decent LT2 and LT3 packaged Tahoe's for a good price....

Would like to hear all of your thoughts....

AK

Nav...yes, very nice. One of few touch screen models available.
Rear Entertainment..I have, never used but I am sure it is fine.
I got an LTZ with MSRP of $49K for $40,900 plus TTL using GM Supplier Pricing as a starting point.....
LTZ looks just like a Denali on the inside. For $600 you can put the Denali roof rack on the Tahoe and it looks real nice.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LT3 Package

Bang for the buck the LT3 package work best for me. I got a 2 wheel drive LT3 with 20" wheels and sunroof, List price was just over $42,000.00 I didn't get the nav system on my because I would only use it on vacation trips and Mine has the OnStar Turn by Turn nav option. I talked with OnStar about this and you can buy just a month anytime, which works out perfect for yearly vacation. Better value for me than spending the money on the DVD Nav. It's going to come down to if you travel alot and need the built in version or the OnStar Nav service. I like the looks or the front end a little better then the cad. or GMC but that just me. :thumbsup:

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
I went with the LT3 package as well, but no sunroof as I don't use it on the Lexus at all. I also abhor the DVD concept - having your passengers totally ignore you while hitching a ride with you. I wouldn't do that for or to kids either. They can open their eyes to the outside world once in a while. They spend enough time in front of a video screen during a lifetime.

I wouldn't get the nav package either. You can buy a Garmin multifunction system and even get one with XM weather, us streets and points of interest, aviation, marine charts, a car, plane and boat mount kit for the price of the in panel GM unit. You can then use it anywhere anytime, and your copilot can search, program, or watch the weather systems even while you are driving. The built in unit locks out lots of functions even if you have a copilot with you to navigate while you are driving. Built in systems are way overpriced.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough choice!

Then again, I guess I'm biased -- my wife and I love our Denali. All the options except for the really silly ones like retractable running boards and a heated steering wheel... Navigation system is very nice, wife likes it (not sure why, she doesn't know how to use it), and the DVD (with lockpick) is something we get lots of use out of with the kids. I also got GM Employee pricing, and would never have paid $56K for any vehicle; $44K was a tough enough pill to swallow. :puke:Guess I'm cheap that way (whatever!).

akim47

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback... I went with the Denali... I see a lot of Tahoes on the road and think, "Wow, those look nice too!!!!"... but in the end I don't regret it... The woman LOVES the new ride... it was a tougher pill to swallow, ended up out the door for $50K which translated to about $50/mo. more than I wanted to spend...

AK

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig! :thumbsup: I wish I could afford a brand new one myself.