buzzing noise... and driver window....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buzzing noise... and driver window.... 07 yukon xl

Not sure whats up with my yukon. But that tiny speaker looking thing is buzzzing like its trying to play somthing but is only getting static. It comes and goes as it pleases. I know its part of the automatic climate control system, I think it measures the temp. But it does not matter wheather the AC is on or off. Or if the ac is set to auto or not. Whats makeing is buz and how does it stop??? its bugging the crap out of me. Also my driver window is squeaking, Not just rubber, But like the glass is scrapeing the inside of the door, only makes the noise when going down. I know yall are gunna say dealer. But thats not going to happen for the next week or so, Got lots to do this week. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine only does it on the way up..............I'm gonna spray a bit of WD40 down in it right now :D

No idea on the buzz RT

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there's a little fan in there to draw in air to monitor cabin temp, I suspect that the motor bearings are dry. Try popping it out and use some 3 in 1 oil, not WD-40. WD-40 does not have any last lubricating effect.

terd fergeson

Reaction score
my driver window does squeeky thing too. so not pimp when ur rollin up to a lady. so wat works to make this badboy not squeek?

TAHOE22

Reaction score
me too

drivers window is very squeaky on both directions. i wonder why we all have this in common. i tried cleaning out the track to little effect. anyone have any luck solving this?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it to a dealer today. Not the one I usually go to, cause they could not fit me in until next week which is when both of us were open. but this dealer said "we know about the issue gm is working on a fix, we will oil it until then" IM not real happy with that answer so have decided to take tommarrow off to get it fixed at my regular Dealer. Buz, was the fan, somehow it broke, they stuck a new fan in. Silent now.

Ronmac

Reaction score
I am getting that buzzing from that little speaker or mike or whatever it is. I was told that it had to do with OnStar. Audio Tech said when I put a new stereo in that would get rid of the buzzing. The OnStar doesn't work anymore on 01 because of it being analog, new systems are digital.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the squeaks in both front windows when I roll them up. But funny thing is that it's usually on a hot day. Since it's been pretty cool here lately I haven't had those noises. Usually it comes more on the drivers side window but only when the window is about 3/4 up. The squeaking comes during the last 1/4 of the rollup.