Can i lift a tahoe hybrid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derbearbmx

Reaction score
Hey im Derek and im new here, but i was wondering if you can put a 4 inch suspension lift for a 2008 regular tahoe on the 2008 tahoe hybrid tahoe.Due to the gas prices i would rather have the hybrid then the regular. i want the 4x4 model
thanks for any help

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey im Derek and im new here, but i was wondering if you can put a 4 inch suspension lift for a 2008 regular tahoe on the 2008 tahoe hybrid tahoe.Due to the gas prices i would rather have the hybrid then the regular. i want the 4x4 model
thanks for any help

I'm in no position to answer this since I'm not a mod guy. But I hope you can do it and even higher so you can drive by the tree huggers so they see you lifted a "green" vehicle!! Lmao

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be you could. Just dont be shocked if you loose even 5mpg. especally if you put bigger tires on there. Even the leveling kit would make a negative difference on your MPG cause your defeating the purpose of the aerodynamics of the front air dam by raising it up, alowing air to pass through creating a drag.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although cool, it would decrease mpg and negate why you bought it (assuming with the lift comes larger rims and tires). Also, I am not sure if the hybrid is availabe with 4x4. I can't see the suspension being any different in the Tahoe vs. hybrid.

Why not buy a normal 4x4 tahoe, lift it, and put on the hybrid badge? Kind of joking ;)...

If you do the lift, post some pictures and drop in mpg.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a lifted hybrid! I too believe it can be done.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although cool, it would decrease mpg and negate why you bought it (assuming with the lift comes larger rims and tires). Also, I am not sure if the hybrid is availabe with 4x4. I can't see the suspension being any different in the Tahoe vs. hybrid.

Why not buy a normal 4x4 tahoe, lift it, and put on the hybrid badge? Kind of joking ;)...

If you do the lift, post some pictures and drop in mpg.

That does make sense. I am hoping an inch or so, won't make much difference.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont even bother repling this dude has not even been back since his last post.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting to help somebody and them not responding is very annoying!:yesnod:

jgenb1

Reaction score
I bought 2008 Chevy Tahoe hybrid to export my country because of no tax for hybrid car. I want it to my my hunting truck and put 5 inch Rough country lift kit, Iron Bull steel bumper, Rockstar wheel, Nitto trial grappler. still working on my truck. What should I add?

jgenb1

Reaction score
I bought 2008 Chevy Tahoe hybrid to export my country because of no tax for hybrids. I want it to mAke my hunting truck, so I put 5 inch Rough country lift kit, Iron Bull steel bumper, Rockstar wheel, Nitto trial grappler, hitch spare tire carrier. Rough country 5 inch lift kit needs to be modified to install because of electric steering motor. I solved problem.