Cant turn off headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danjelo

Reaction score
I added an HID kit to my Hoe. Now I cant turn them off so that I only have the running lights/parking lights on. Why is this? Does it have anything to do with my new HID kit? My headlights turn on automatically when the car is turned on.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm...if it's and 03-06 just turn the dial for headlights to "O" and they should turn off...and if it's a 00-02 push the overide button 4 times...and if that doesnt work...then I dunno bro

Danjelo

Reaction score
I tried turning the switch to 0, but they dont turn off. Maybe I should put the original bulbs in and see if they make a difference. I really dont see that there should be a difference though.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your HIDs connected to an aftermarket harness with a relay that connects to the ORIGINAL factory connector? If not, then how are they connected to the vehicle? Perhaps is a problem with the relay on the after-market harness (if you have one, obviously).

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your HIDs connected to an aftermarket harness with a relay that connects to the ORIGINAL factory connector? If not, then how are they connected to the vehicle? Perhaps is a problem with the relay on the after-market harness (if you have one, obviously).

on mine the main power source was the battery and i had one connection to the factory harness to tell them to turn on and off and stuff.

other wise not sure.

Danjelo

Reaction score
On the Scandinavian market all sold cars have to have automatic headlights. My Tahoe has this and the only way to turn them off was to turn the switch first to driving lights and then back to parking lights... Strange.