carbon tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i was at the truck accessories place the other day and he comented on my tint. 5% all the way around. he asked if it was hard to se at night and i responded not to tough with the back up camera but chalanging. he showed me his truck which had 5% tint on it but appeared liek glass from the inside. from the (outside it was limo inside looked liek no tint) he called it "carbon" tint, i want to put it on my front window 15% any one ever heard of this ?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds good!
I've heard of it, even Bad63Lac mentioned it the other day!
Too bad I already have Limo Tint and will not pay anymore to get it redone, not that hard to see out of to me.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What?
Do you mean, Sun Visor tint or whole winshield?

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's something I would be interested in. I tinted the fronts with 15% and at night it is a bit hard to see out clearly. I'm thinking of taking it off. I almost hit a curb the other day because I didn't see it (one of those parking lot seperaters)

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the thread where I was accused of being crazy... :) http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=15383

It is regarding my wife's CTS. You can read the thread to find out how we ended up with two different tints on her windows, I dont feel like typing it all but I will summarize as such:

From the outside: Pitch black (cannot see into it)
From the inside: Brighter/more light than our factory tinted rears

It has something to do with the adhesive/layering process that 3M uses (patented) that other brands cannot do.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha and yeah the thing about it is the tint that is closest to 5 doesent look liek 5 percent. it blocks the same ammount of sun but it ommits allot more. i will be in contact with the guy who explained it to me and ill let you guys know!

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing i heard bad about it is the layers of tint on top of glass makes a funny allusion. such as when you look at a traffic light when you near it it will appear mis colored!

HGS-Dro

Reaction score
from the inside out....when u look at the windshield from the outside thje tint is invinsible.....
My tint guy would do mine for 125.00 the tint is all metal and allows very little light in the vehicle but still everything is very visible

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read on my link that Colour Stable doesn't have metal in it..?

HGS-Dro

Reaction score
Just read the link and yes it does say the the 3m film does not have metal in it..But the guy that tinted my windows told me that it was 100 % metal... but up on till now i have had no problems with it....Maybe I miss understood him...The guy gets a lot of top end cars and has been in business for years.....So I don't know,,:confused2:

ccc_2511

Reaction score
did u guys ever determine who makes this tint or what its called? i had an appointment made to get my windows tinted but cancelled it after seeing the first post on this tint. i had 5% on my last vehicle and it was terrible seeing at night. if theres a 5% out there somewhere that allows you to see out at night without a problem, i need it! can anyone point me in the right direction?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M color stable or any Carbon tint, ask tint shops!

ccc_2511

Reaction score
anyone on here from the chicago area that knows somewhere that uses this tint? i went on yellow pages and called all the tint shops and i havent even found a tint shop thats heard of this stuff.