Catalytic Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NP, always start checking the simple things first.....

kebler95

Reaction score
My only question is how did you know the sparkplugs was the issue from the Scan info I posted? That is something I have wondered.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LT fuel trims were a little high as was the load value, made me suspect tuneup...

kebler95

Reaction score
Oh, ok cool,. I will keep that note for the next time I run into something like that again on my truck or my gf car.
After I put the plugs in is there anything I should be do for the tune up or is "tune up" just meaning new plugs? lol dumb question i know but just covering all my grounds on this new area for myself. Havent really had any problems, to major, the occionsinal flash of the battery light on n off and check gages but battery it tightened and gages well... i dont know that area.. truck isnt running hard or anything. Seems to run smooth again. Last couple days been running it about 75-80mph to see if i had anything else going to pop up on me.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cap and rotor is usually a good extra item to change with plugs, but only if you go with OEM (AC Delco/ Delphi) made parts (get them on rockauto.com or amazon.com)...

kebler95

Reaction score
Those were changed last month or so . That went out first , died right after work one day . I know about that now lol . That took several days to figure out . But now I just come here to figure out anything.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pumps are also a good thing to stick OEM on FYI......

kebler95

Reaction score
Fuel pump was changed 3 months ago , dad told me to Change it out before he left , so little after he passed away I had a chance to do .