Center console (wood) part#

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeet

Reaction score
On an 07' Tahoe, does anybody have the GM part number of the wood center console cover that replaces the black cup hold thingy? I looked on gm's site and can't find it. This has the flip up doors and matches the wood on the dash. I'm picking up an 07' Tahoe this weekend (getting dealer transfer from another state) and need to order one.

phil11

Reaction score
Skeet, should not be too bad, as I have pulled mine out to clean it with ease. I would also like to add the one with doors,as mine is an early build 07

avgabriel

Reaction score
Just like Skeet said, that cup holder assembly just pops out. The wood grain w/ flip up doors can just be popped right in it's place. Just ask the guys at the parts counter for that piece. It comes standard on the LTZ.

skeet

Reaction score
Based on what I've seen, they are NOT standard on the LTZ... We've looked @ many LTZ's that did not have them. If they are supposed to be on there, then I'll make them put one in for free...... Does anyone know this for a fact? We are supposed to have our new LTZ in on Saturday (dealer xfer) and I want to make sure as other LTZ's on the lot don't have them.

Thanks folks as always.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't pay for it...

Based on what I've seen, they are NOT standard on the LTZ... We've looked @ many LTZ's that did not have them. If they are supposed to be on there, then I'll make them put one in for free...... Does anyone know this for a fact? We are supposed to have our new LTZ in on Saturday (dealer xfer) and I want to make sure as other LTZ's on the lot don't have them.

Thanks folks as always.

When I got my LTZ the dealer swapped them out for me for free.....a free $60 part on a ptential $41K sale is a deal for them...

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks folks as always.

Standard on the newer LTZs with the chrome grill, mirror caps, and door handles.

skeet

Reaction score
The LTZ didn't have it in it when we got to the dealership. I made them put one in it.
Im out of the country and will be back on Sunday. I'll take pics of the new ride and post them.... The wife's diggin' it...

BigR

Reaction score
Chrome Trim

The early LTZ's were shipped without the chrome and the wood grain center console. A buddy of mine bought a LTZ without the chrome trim package and I told him about this and he got GM to add the chrome on. It really sets the vehicle off in my opinion. Can't wait to get my '08 LTZ with the 6 speed transmission!

skeet

Reaction score
You're right... I had them add it at the dealership Friday when I picked it up... They did it no problem.

PS - The 08's won't have a 6 speed tranny...:nono:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right... I had them add it at the dealership Friday when I picked it up... They did it no problem.

PS - The 08's won't have a 6 speed tranny...:nono:

:iagree: No six speed for 08.. I talked with a buddy that works at the dealership and from what I he has been told IF and WHEN they do put it in the Tahoe it will not be the 5.3 motor it is behind will be the 6.2. So you might pick up some HP but no gain in fuel mileage. That was the reason I went a head and got a late model 07.

I had them pull up the current changes for 08. Right now it just a few colors and they included a few more things in the standard packages that was a single option in 07

BigR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the 6 speed transmission. I had been holding out since I had heard it was going to be offered on '08 but now I know otherwise. I know we are way off the subject of this thread but are there any improvements in the storage area by adding storage compartments? It would be nice to have some place to store the trailer hitch receiver and misc. stuff.

newtahoeltz

Reaction score
On Ebay...... Looks to me like you lose alot of space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...014QQitemZ330159140135QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

9b3c_1.JPG

EchoBravo

Reaction score
I asked this in another thread and got no responses.

Does anyone know of a part number or aftermarket solution for replacing the center jump seat on lower trimline Tahoes with the center console setup seen on the spendier models? And does anyone have an educated guess as to whether it would even fit? The major problem I see is the back seat heat & AC controls are mounted on the back of the center console and would be useless. Anything else?

My biggest peeve with my '07 Tahoe LS is the "open bin" design of the center console. Cheap, cheap, cheap. My old Camry for $12,000 less had a lidded center bin which held my GPS, cellphone and other miscellaneous junk!