Chambered Exhaust Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I have been trying to think of something different to do, exhaust-wise. Everyone has the flowmaster, magnaflow, corsa, gibson, etc. I have something else in mind. When I had my IROC-Z I was looking to do the same thing-be different w/ exhaust style. So I found this company who makes Chambered exhaust and I figured I would give it a try. I absolutely fell in love because A. It was a unique throaty tone B. No one else really had them and C. Cheap! So heres what I am thinking about. Coming off the cats there is 2 pipes, correct? Off each pipe I am going to run these "Powersticks" and then route some mandrel bent tubing out the back the usual 45 degree angle out each side(I think it looks sweet). So here is the site for the company that makes these bad boys.

http://classicchambered.com/

You guys need to let me know what you think and if it would work. Thanks!

BTW Does anyone have any undercarriage pics of the GMT 400? I would like to start planning.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that its gonna make your car sound like a 67 vette. It sounds great on the high horsepower carburated, non-emissions vehicles. If youre looking for that kind of set up I would have to say a glasspack or two would be your best bet.

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said it's gonna sound like a 67 vette, I put these on an 89 camaro with emissions and sounded great. I will never put glasspacks on any vehicle of mine, they are totally different from these anyways.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm why not go with Flowmaster 44...On Ebay there real cheap.
CGo to youtube and type in Flowmaster 44 you can hear those babies! Personally I would use glasspacks...Cherry Bombs is the way to go!

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm why not go with Flowmaster 44...On Ebay there real cheap.
CGo to youtube and type in Flowmaster 44 you can hear those babies! Personally I would use glasspacks...Cherry Bombs is the way to go!

idk if you read my first post but i don't want to go w/ the usual brands like everyone else, I want something different. Besides, flowmaster is way too loud in the vehicle

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk if you read my first post but i don't want to go w/ the usual brands like everyone else, I want something different. Besides, flowmaster is way too loud in the vehicle

I know...I've never heard of these before and I've worked on a few muscle cars myself. Old technology died out for a reason. Proven sound/perforamance. If your looking for quiet then I'd go with Gibson. I have it on my truck and its to quiet for my liking.

WTB?

Black Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know...I've never heard of these before and I've worked on a few muscle cars myself. Old technology died out for a reason. Proven sound/perforamance. If your looking for quiet then I'd go with Gibson. I have it on my truck and its to quiet for my liking.

WTB?

Well I really don't want to spend the money on a gibson exhaust, way too expensive and not my kind of tone. This is the cheapest route and I like the sound the best.

texas00ta

Reaction score
Well I really don't want to spend the money on a gibson exhaust, way too expensive and not my kind of tone. This is the cheapest route and I like the sound the best.

Ok so how much do Gibson exhaust run? I'm looking for something quiet I can buy for my bf's extreme blazer. It's bagged and all murdered out, just a bit loud in and out of the cab. He doesn't like it anymore I guess idk... But it gets hella loud do to the air bags too.

Anyways! Gibson... how much? Cheaper then flowmaster super 44?
Or whats a quiet flowmaster? I know there is one for $150 but idk what he called it. Need some help boys!

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.summitracing.com is a good place to start...

We put a Gibson on my brother-in-law's Ranger 4x4, and it was WAY quiet, but did help a bit with performance (if you can call a Ranger a performance vehicle).

His current Silverado has true duals with full emissions running cherry bombs out the rear and it sounds GREAT! It has that classic "machine gun" sound, but isn't obnoxious in the passenger compartment. I may go that route on y Yukon...

I'd love to hear the Classic Chambers. I should contact him anyway since he's a Moparts member with me as well (support the local business', so to speak).