Check Engine Light ---- Help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
Ok Guys,
My Tahoes check engine light came on today!! I have been having a prob with the remote start cutting in and out and I am wondering if that has something to do with it.

I am wondering if I should pull the intake off before I take it to the dealer tomorrow. Anyone think my exhaust or intake has anything to do with it? They do not void the warranty, do they?

Need some help guys, what you think? Truck has 16000 miles on it now..... The oil pump went out a few months ago...

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys,
My Tahoes check engine light came on today!! I have been having a prob with the remote start cutting in and out and I am wondering if that has something to do with it.

I am wondering if I should pull the intake off before I take it to the dealer tomorrow. Anyone think my exhaust or intake has anything to do with it? They do not void the warranty, do they?

Need some help guys, what you think? Truck has 16000 miles on it now..... The oil pump went out a few months ago...

I was going to drive my wifes to work Monday and went to start it and it would click but not start. Then I jumped it and got it going and right as I got on the interstate my check engine light came on. Brought it in immediately and they told me today that it had something to do with the displacement on demand. Gave me an uneasy feeling considering it just has 6k miles on it...

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
I was going to drive my wifes to work Monday and went to start it and it would click but not start. Then I jumped it and got it going and right as I got on the interstate my check engine light came on. Brought it in immediately and they told me today that it had something to do with the displacement on demand. Gave me an uneasy feeling considering it just has 6k miles on it...

Mine had done the same thing with the starting prob. I use my remote start in the morning and it started cutting out recently and then once it clicked on me as well... You know my 03 never had one problem, it was so nice. Well I will let you know what my dealer says tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

lawrencesor

Reaction score
When you say your remort starts cuts out. Do you mean when you start it with the remote the truck will start then turn off right away.. mine does that occ. it only has 4k???

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI for all of you. If you have mods and are worried about the dealer, when you get a check engine light take the car by a pep boys/advanced auto/trak auto, whatever is by you. They have a scanner and can scan your code for free. It'll tell you what the problem is, alot of times its minor. If it ends up being something your mod is causing, you can always remove it before taking it in to the dealer to prevent warranty hassles.

On that note, not sure how many of you know this as well, if the Check Engine light comes on steady, its not a dire need. Take it to the dealer but you wont kill it if you don't immediately. If it flashes.... turn it off and make sure its towed there.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you get the 07033 reflash done yet? It solves the drained battery problem, but that doesn't throw a code.

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
Mine had done the same thing with the starting prob. I use my remote start in the morning and it started cutting out recently and then once it clicked on me as well... You know my 03 never had one problem, it was so nice. Well I will let you know what my dealer says tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

Yep that is exactly what my truck was doing, starting and then cutting out. I had my oil pump go out a few months back and had the upgrade done to the remote start but the prob was still happening. At this point the remote start is not working at all, lights flash and nothing. Trucks at the dealer now getting looked at.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open the hood, and look for a 1" square white sticker facing up, on the left side, in front of the radiator. If a reflash has been done the dealer will always place it there. It will say "RECALL" and in hand print "07033".