Check engine light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottk74

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe police package. I keep have issues with the check engine light coming on giving a PO 301 code stated that cylinder 7 misfire. I have given this truck a full tune up and a new fuel pump and fuel filter.Have check for vacuum leaks and have found none.I have try adding octane boosters and cleaner but nothing seems to clear the problem.I'm not having any problems with acceleration. I'm at my wits end with this thing anybody got any ideas what could be causing this problem or has anyone had this happen to them.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common Problems That Trigger the P0301

Common Problems That Trigger the P0301
Worn out spark plugs, ignition wires, coil(s), distributor cap and rotor (when applicable)
Incorrect ignition timing
Vacuum leak(s)
Low or weak fuel pressure
Improperly functioning EGR system
Defective Mass Air Flow Sensor
Defective Crankshaft and/or Camshaft Sensor
Defective Throttle Position Sensor
Mechanical engine problems (i.e.—low compression, leaking head gasket(s), or valve problems

Common Misdiagnoses
Fuel Injectors
Oxygen Sensor(s)
Powertrain/Drivetrain problems

autoexpert

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe police package. I keep have issues with the check engine light coming on giving a PO 301 code stated that cylinder 7 misfire. I have given this truck a full tune up and a new fuel pump and fuel filter.Have check for vacuum leaks and have found none.I have try adding octane boosters and cleaner but nothing seems to clear the problem.I'm not having any problems with acceleration. I'm at my wits end with this thing anybody got any ideas what could be causing this problem or has anyone had this happen to them.

Hi,
I faced same code.
And my friend refereed this link. Hope this will help you.

http://engineservicelight.com/why_my_engine_light_is_on.html

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try a compression check to make sure your not having a mechanical problem since you've ruled out ignition.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Headlight.. I'm having trouble understanding your post... can you explain how it is that ignition timing, a MAF sensor, TPS, and low fuel system pressure can only affect 1 cylinder ? Fuel injectors are a very common failure with the on these type CPI systems

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo rock, looks like he just cut and pasted that response, and provided a link to a different thread.

dancox07

Reaction score
I had this problem from the day I bought my Tahoe. Every time I would cram the throttle while towing my trailer the engine light would throw the cylinder misfire code. I would reset itaelf after a few cycles of the key. That was at about 30k miles.....At 175k symptoms appeared and ended up being wear on the distributor gear. No problems since.