Cold air help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natedawg87

Reaction score
I've got a 1996 Tahoe 4-door LS that i've owned for a few years and want to put a cold air intake on it but I'm not sure what set up is best to use. I've heard countless good things about K&N set ups, but I've also seen a lot of these Volant cold air intake set ups. Does anyone know the difference other than brand name between the 2? Can anyone please help?

Fleeingpepper

Reaction score
AEM Brute Force intake. I've heard those are pretty good. Expensive, but good.

Also the FRAM Boost intake is a rebadged AEM. Cheaper too.
I hate FRAM but they didn't make it so it's not so bad.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember, a cold air intake is only really a cold air intake if the air coming in to it is from the OUTSIDE of the engine compartment...

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think volant is better, i dont have one, but heard tons of good stuff.. number one is that K&Ns filter is oilbased which means you need special cleaning stuff for it, volant im pretty sure u can use anything.. idk.. depends if you like that open( i like the look of the filter) or closed (i cant see the filter but the word volant is sexy) u know what im saying..