Common problems in new Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDogg

Reaction score
My dad is considering buying a Tahoe and I just wanted to see what are some of the common problems the new Tahoe owners have seen. I had a 2000 Suburban, which I loved, but ended up trading it for Duramax Silverado. I'm assuming that the new Tahoes are just as solid, but kind of skeptical of buying a 1st year production. Any help is much appreciated.:confused2:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Well maybe this will help out. I have an 07 Tahoe I had to have a back up sensor replaced, but the biggest problem I have had and this is a daily occurrence, the problem is I love it so much I can't stop driving it! The new Tahoe is so comfortable I look for errands to do just to drive it !My advice to you. GET ONE

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now you can get '08 models and the CY '07 models.

DieselDogg

Reaction score
Do you know how much the engine has changed since the 00 - 06 model? The 5.3 I had in my burban was pretty sweet. From what I understand, it's still the same power plant, but I'm sure GM changed a few things around.
Anyone know of what they changed, if anything?

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't Do It!!!!

Sometimes when I use the turn signal, I accidentally hit the windsheild wiper auto setting dial...it's a nightmare!!! :p :p :p JUST KIDDING! GOOD TRUCK.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh..

Don't make me reach for my anti troll sniper rifle.:skep:

Go log onto your virtual world and try to hook up with some virtual chic using your laptop....probably the best looking thing that has ever sat on your lap...

Gman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fort Worth, Texas "Where the West Begins"
I find the guage cluster very hard to read in bright sun light and if you are wearing sunglasses forget it. I'm old school so I think they have too many computers on board but it's cool as long as everything is working. All and all this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. In fact this is our second 07' Tahoe. The first one developed an engine problem at 300 miles that GM couldn't fix. So GM stepped up and did the right thing and bought it back. We were so impressed with GM's customer service that we immediately turned around and ordered our second Tahoe. It's got over 15,000 miles and it's still running just fine. No worries.