Converting 1995 climate control to work with newer 1998 climate control

Discussion in 'General Tahoe/Yukon Discussion Forum' started by PoDuck, Jun 23, 2020.

1. PoDuck

PoDuck New Member

I have a climate control module that is bad in my '95 Tahoe, and I have a module from a 1998 Tahoe, along with the pigtails from it. I have noticed that when you purchase a brand new climate control, there is an adapter that allows for connecting it to the older '95 style wiring, but I didn't purchase a new one, so I need to find out some information on what wires to what.

This is the old one. It has 2 connectors. One of which seems to be the same connector as the new style one, but I'm not sure that the wiring is the same.

climate_control_old.jpg

This new one has the same middle connector, but it also has a connector that attaches to the side, which has 8 wires coming from it.

climate_control_new.jpg

Here is an image with all the pigtails connected to the new control.

wires.jpg

I do have similar colored wires on the old connectors, although there are differences.

I also found this, which although the colors aren't all the same, I think it does give the proper functions for the pins.

Climate Control Pinout.jpg

If I could find the pinout for the 1995 style connectors, I think I could rewire this properly. Does anyone know where I can find it? Also, I don't know for sure what the 4 pin connector next to the blower motor connector does.

Thanks