Cruise control / electrical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe13MC

Reaction score
What's up everyone I'm new here and trying to get some hints on what my problem may be.

2001 Z71 , v-8/ 5.3L /

Two KC lights up front / LED interior lights / LED tail light above rear door , regular lights in rear assembly and regular headlights / LED day time running lights , and regular fog lights .

Just replaced the arm that controls the cruise control ,wipers , high beam low beam, and blinkers. Everything besides cruise control works . I did check my fuses and all of them are fine in the interior and in the engine bay.

After market CD player , new speakers all around and replaced stock subwoofer ....

Anyways I'm just trying to save $100 and keep from taking it into a dealership to have them diagnose it for me ....

Does it have something to do with my KC lights or the LEDs? Maybe something is drawing power and not giving enough to kick the cruise over ? Maybe an important wire I need to check that I may have over looked?

Any advice is appreciated thank you.

sntrym95

Reaction score
If the fuse is good, it could be the new switch. I've had nothing but problems with aftermarket switches. I go find an OEM one out of a junkyard truck.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the NBS GMT800 series part of the forum, this is the GMT400 section (older body style), probably better response there..... Sorry not that familiar with the new ones...