Current build...Battery Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P. Dub

Reaction score
Alright guys so im doing a system in the Tahoe but the amp is too much for the alt so i wanted to add another till i get to order my alt but my question is what battery fits in the location pictured?

here is what is put into it so far rockford fosgate T1500.1 with 1/0 gauge wiring Sub is a frankestein Elemental designs motor and Ti basket with tc 8 layer spider with direct sewn in leads Sundown cone carbon fiber dust cap D2 voice coil running at 1 ohm so its getting close to 1650 rms

P. Dub

Reaction score
Damn this forum is dead....Anyways heres an update i put the battery under the seat fit fine

P. Dub

Reaction score
another update

Got the check engine light and battery light removed using a 260 amp external regulated alternantor

couldnt find my drememl in time so used a blade will clean it up later

voltage control

BiGrEd1011

Reaction score
hope your still active.......lol. hows ur tahoe doing on 1500watts? Im gunna put 4 type-r 10's in mine. cant see any of your pics though. do you have a aftermarket alt?

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup! Awesome to see you rockin the Fosgate! I have an older Power 1000BD amp that still pushes clean power just like the day I bought it over 8+ years ago! Pushing a Power HX2 12 in a ported box. No alternator upgrade (yet) but I cant go past half volume without dimming/power draw.

Where did you get your alternator and what was your pricing?