Please help - Battery drain age issue 2002 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

helga

Reaction score
2002 Chevy Tahoe…

Battery dies after a day of not being started.

Checked all the basics… Not battery or ALT.

I hooked up a dummy light between the Neg cable and Battery post. The light stays on so there is an electrical pull someplace… However, I pulled all internal and external box fuses and dummy light never dimmed.

I even pulled the 3 plugs under from the BCM and nothing.

Here is what I know… This was my brother in laws car. His FOB clicker stopped working sometime ago and the alarm would sound off often when he would open the door and continue until he started the car. After that it eventually started dying if it sat for a day or two. He took it to a shop and they said it was the Cd player and they put a new one in and it continued to have the same issues. SInce the shop the alarm rarely sounds off now. The passenger side horn is disconnected also(connected or not the draw is the same).

Twice I have hear a sound coming through my driver side speaker also.. Almost like a palpitation.

One night i was testing with the dummy light it went bright dim bright dim etc the whole time… Since then it has just stayed bright consistent.

I did recently replace the inside aspirator or ambient control sensor located on the driver side headliner.

The security light seems to be working normal.

I do not have the FOB and enter the vehicle by using the key.

Does anyone have any tips on what I should look at? I can't offered dealer pricing.

Any help would be great. THank you!

PolarBear0612

Reaction score
I just had a similar problem on my 05'z71..new battery later to discover that the battery cable bolt on the positive was corroded under the rubber boot. Couldn't tell it was corroded until you pinched the bolt out of that rubber boot. Experienced flickering of interior lights and popping noises.

If there's chirping or sounding off the alarm mine was a result of a bad airbag deploy sensor in the bumper.