Scan tool for my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOEdriver0468

Reaction score
Hello and how are you all doing. I was driving my truck over the weekend and my Airbag light went on. So, i Hooked my scanner up, but it doesnt read airbag codes. I have an Innova 3100. What would be an Ideal scanner that I could buy that would also read the airbag codes as well as the other obd codes? Im not an auto mechanic by trade, but if there is something I can do at home , ill give it a try.
So after work this evening i put the truck up on ramps and checked the junction box under the front passenger seat. All wires looked intact. Then i took the splash shield down under the front end. The impact sensor on the passenger side looks like it had been replaced. The drivers side sensor however , looks like a tick ready to pop. I will be changing that irregardless. If the failure is somewhere else then Ill try to keep looking.
Where is the best place to get a new sensor from? seems that they are extremely expensive compared to a few years ago.
Thanks, Tahoedriver0468