Custom CAI mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hendedo

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. I am also wondering if there could be a slight gas mileage increase too. If the engine doesn't work as hard to get the air in the motor, and the noise level is the same until heave throttle... it sounds really good. I might use all PVC, but this idea is the same.

clkelley

Reaction score
Nice write up!

I would think that the most mileage gained would be on the highway when the airflow into the homemade intake tubing is at it's highest, I would also attempt to have the opening on that tube facing forward if possible to "force" the air into the tube as much as possible.

Donut Slayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the mod with 1 exception. My truck is a Z71 4x4 and I use it as such and I believe this mod may hydro-lock the engine if/when driving thru deep water or mud. I do both during hunting season. I'm gonna take a closer look at mine as I would like to move the "new" airintake higher like behind the headlight or in front of the radiator just under the hood. I'll be checking back in.

denali71

Reaction score
Hello everyone,I came across this thread and realized that its about something I already did to my 2002 Yukon denali about a year ago. I was looking at a volant cai with a scoop. But it was to pricey and figured I could do it my self. I used PVC tubing with a 90° elbow behind the tow hook. Very noticeable difference in acceleration and sound. But I put my own little twist on it. I know its probably gonna look funny to you. But I think it does the job very well of directing air to air filter.
e053978af943e3656d91f5c491060552.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

denali71

Reaction score
2002 yukon denali add it my own little twist to it.
def2615701e60d7ecf1a9ab8342948d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk