Cut cats without throwin a code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
hey guys,
My cats are fallin apart and my flowmaster blew a baffel out and i had to cut it off, i dont feel like having to replace the cats for new, but i was wonderin if any of you guys knew how to clean the cats out and trick the o2 sensors or rewire them that it doesn't throw a code?, i know the truck might not pass emissions, but i didn't know if any of you guys have done this and if it still passes, and how to keep the check engine light from coming up. il get a video soon of the truck with only the cats and no mufflers for the sound, it sounds good now!:cool2::D

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
run it how you need to until you can get it fixed, maybe. I dont think theres a way to trick O2 sensors, but you can just ignor it if your sure thats the code your getting.

Razincayne

Reaction score
They do make 02 simulators that trick the computer. You would only want to use these on the downstream, not before the catalytic converter as those control your air/fuel mixture. Do a search. You can find all the information you will need under 02 sensor simulators or sims

Last edited: