Dangit, I hate to do this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all,

Hate to waste a thread on this because I know I've seen one about it before. :nonod: I want to remove the badging and take off my bowties to paint them. Please have mercy and lend some advice. THANKS!:iq:

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the badging, they are all just double sided tape on... So most people will waif for a nice hot day, let the car sit and use a credit card to get under the emblems and work their way off. I used two, one to go under the one side to avoid the emblem from contacting and scratching the paint, while using teh other to work the emblem off.

I believe the front emblem just unbolts from the grill, while the rear emblem also needs to be "peeled" off, as it is just taped in place also.

nicca2187

Reaction score
be carful with the front bowtie so you dont break the little things in the back that hold it to the grill ......thats what happend to me :lol:
the rest is only taped and i removed it with dentalfloss and the rest of the tape that was stuck to the car i removed with goo gone and a credit card
there was a little bit double sided tape on my front bowtie as well
have fun:D

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! So let me repeat this to see if I got it....The front has bolts, rear has tape? And I can just take off the Gold part, right?

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the front, I don't understand how to just get the gold part off. Do I open the hood and undo the bolts from behind? And the rear I can peel off? I guess I just need it to be more specific. What I want to do is paint the gold portion of the bowtie and leave the chrome on. I see how the side badging comes off, but I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

TIA!:D

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't your fault, the search is broken (for older posts) since the site "upgrade"...

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Gambler, I am on Justin's wait list, only a matter of weeks before I get my Blackbear!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

w84no1

Reaction score
I would like to remove the yellow from the rear bowtie so I can have chrome only. Does anyone know how?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear gold portion is held on with a small amount of white, rubbery adhesive which when warm, cuts easily with a credit card, dental floss, or monofilament fishing line.

The front one has two 10mm speed nuts holding it plus some 3M tape.

w84no1

Reaction score
The rear gold portion is held on with a small amount of white, rubbery adhesive which when warm, cuts easily with a credit card, dental floss, or monofilament fishing line.

The front one has two 10mm speed nuts holding it plus some 3M tape.

Thanks for the tip, just removed the gold from the rear bowtie:D

Can the gold be removed from the front bowtie? Or Do you remove the whole thing so you can replace it?

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 45
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two holes left behind the front gold bowtie since it is bolted on with the aforementioned speed nuts.