Dash dimmer sensor goofy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rklingsten

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've got a beautiful mint 2008 Tahoe LT that I just inherited (my dad passed away in March).

The past couple days I've noticed in the early morning (730-800 am Eastern) that the dash illumination acts like it is nighttime. Even with full sun across the dash....

Often I can drive all the way to my son's daycare (~ 4 miles) even though it is basically a bright sunny day, the dash never switches over to daytime. Makes it hard to see the radio display. It responds to the manual dimmer control.

Usually when I come back out of the daycare after dropping him off, I start up and it's fine then.

Is this a bad sensor, or is this just one of those things to put up with?

Ah, a second question: in the book it shows the headlight switch being that zero-one icon for off and on, then AUTO, then two other settings. The strange thing is that mine has no zero-one icon, it is just a O. If you try to turn the knob to that setting, it sort of goes there and bounces back, kind of like you're not supposed to turn it there. And that does nothing anyway. Is there no way to turn off all lights manually?

thanks! I have another question, but that's for the suspension board.

Rob K.

kntrydr

Reaction score
The sensor for the auto headlights have always been a issue with tahoes what your explaining is normal as for the switch I have the same thing and as far as I can figure turning it back all the way will turn off the auto lights after you have put the truck in park but haven't shut it off yet other than that it seems to be a pretty stupid feature