Daytime running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the HID headlights put in on my 07 Denali. I want to disconnect my DRL's so that the HID's are not on all the time. Does anyone know how to fix that?
Thanks

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple -- takes 2 seconds

Yup. Pull fuses 30 and 32 (fuse center under the hood). That'll do the trick for you like it did for me.

Later!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe that works on Yukons as well, but that's annoying to deal with after a short while. Plus, the quick ON/OFF cycling of the ballasts and bulbs can cause their premature failure.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took out those 2 fuses and it works like you said it would, thanks Getwired.
I will send some pics when I get them

S

scott_mckinney

Aren't the Daytime Running Lights completely seperate from the 9005 & 9006 head lights on our 07 models? Mine run two smaller bulbs for the DRLs...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't the Daytime Running Lights completely seperate from the 9005 & 9006 head lights on our 07 models? Mine run two smaller bulbs for the DRLs...

on a tahoe YES (btw, gmt 900 tahoes use H11 bulbs for lows, not 9006) but yukons like Get W staited on another thred use H13's which are Low/High and DRL at a reduced power. :thumbsup: