Debadging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who has debadged their Tahoe tell me what you used to get the sticckum residue off the paint after the emblem is off?

Thnx

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goo Gone......

GG3_big.gif

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a number of products that will work without harming your paint: Bug and tar remover or as previously stated (and my personal favorite), the orange oil based Goo Gone. A can of WD-40 is usually in everyone's garage somewhere and it will work as well, although I would probably follow it up with a touch of carnauba wax.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spelled tahoe backwards on my tahoe. BTW i had some guy come up to me very concerned becuase he noticed that tahoe was spelled backwards. :lol: anyways I use WD-40. Googone is pretty good also.

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I debadged ours the day after we got it, you could still see ghosting of the old letters. I think its still there too, but since its my wife's car, its so big, and there is an outdoor watering ban, I don't hand wash it, and I haven't ever waxed it since we got it in august. I'm pretty sure that a good polishing with an orbital would remove the ghosting though. (black tahoe)

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding, fellas! Although I've never particularly wanted to debadge, I always wondered how, but never asked... Now I know what to do if I ever feel squirly... :sla: This thread gets my vote!!! Great pic, AZSCTACO!!! :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant offer help, but it seems to be solved anyway.

WHY do people de badge, i love the rugged look, and even if i didn't i would still want people who dont know cars to know what im driving.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WHY do people de badge, i love the rugged look, and even if i didn't i would still want people who dont know cars to know what im driving.

I think people do it for the clean look.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT you belong in a rice burner with that many stickers. j/k

yea but their the last thing a rice burner would say.

honk if you HEART GM, or ford recovery vehicle, or my big rollin thunder lable on the tailgate.

another one is "im the kinda cow boy your momma warned you about"

frends dont let friends drive fords,

and my yukon can CRUSH you prius.

if you say im a bad person for owning an suv, next time your stuck, call a prius to get you out.

to name a few i have on there.

cant for get my SEMPER FI sticker, or my apple computer one eather.

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but their the last thing a rice burner would say.

honk if you HEART GM, or ford recovery vehicle, or my big rollin thunder lable on the tailgate.

another one is "im the kinda cow boy your momma warned you about"

frends dont let friends drive fords,

and my yukon can CRUSH you prius.

if you say im a bad person for owning an suv, next time your stuck, call a prius to get you out.

to name a few i have on there.

cant for get my SEMPER FI sticker, or my apple computer one eather.

Do you have a mullet?:gy:

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i debadge because they put a YUKON XL emblem on the back of a DENALI from the factory and it looks out of place, yes i want people to know what i drive, but i'm not gonna buy a denali emblem to put there

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i debadge because they put a YUKON XL emblem on the back of a DENALI from the factory and it looks out of place, yes i want people to know what i drive, but i'm not gonna buy a denali emblem to put there

technaclly its still a yukon xl, denali is just a packedge (trim level if you will) its not its own model. so i think its cool to have it there.

i love the big yukon xl on the back and side.

energ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to each their own i guess.

i know its still a yukon xl, but that badge doesnt go with the styling of the truck.

i guess i would be ok with it if it said yukon xl in the same lettering "denali" is in on the sides to make it look like it belongs there, but people dont pay extra to get that big chrome out of place emblem on the tail gate

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to each their own i guess.

i know its still a yukon xl, but that badge doesnt go with the styling of the truck.

i guess i would be ok with it if it said yukon xl in the same lettering "denali" is in on the sides to make it look like it belongs there, but people dont pay extra to get that big chrome out of place emblem on the tail gate

that would look really nice if they used the same type of letters.