Did i get hosed or is everything going to be okay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX_Tahoe04

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Noob (me) on this forum needs some advice.

I recently bought a '14 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ from a well known dealership in San Antonio, Texas. I also traded-in my beloved '04 Tahoe LS for it.

Anyhow, after a few days, my wife tells me she noticed something wrong with the driver's side door. When completely shut, the door doesn't sit flush with the b-pillar. I check it out, and sure enough it is as she claims. When I bought the Tahoe, I went over the vehicle, but I did not notice the door issue (It is a White Diamond Tricoat, so it is kind of hard to see certain blemishes). I also carefully checked the CarFax, and it clearly states that it has not been damaged in anyway nor has it ever been in an accident. Now, I know sometimes vehicle panel gaps/alignment are off, but should this be a big red flag? It's off by approximately 1/8 of an inch.

I'm going to take the Tahoe to the dealership and see if there is anything they can do to align the door and also to have the general manager look over the vehicle. I know that all the paperwork that I went over, it clearly states that the vehicle has never been damaged.

Anyhow, any advice? Is this common in this day and age for panels not to align properly. Any other sites I can use to check whether or not this vehicle has ever been in some type of accident?

Thanks for any input and/or advice.

Fernando

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I posted a thread a while back. I had the same issue on a brand new Tahoe. The Drivers Set Doors were not flush with body. The dealer said they could align it, but I refused due to the fact that wind noise could have been increased with the alignment.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its is not a big deal, but I understand the concern. GM is getting better about these issues, and many other vehicles have the same issues. I was looking at a 2015 Tahoe a few weeks ago and realized there were a few of them with the same door misalignment issues as well.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post this again and again I guess. The info you get on CarFax is only what has been reported. It is not an all knowing all encompassing info sheet that shows everything. ONLY WHAT IS REPORTED!

Sounds like it could be realigned or GM will make excuses. Either way, CarFax is not a TOTAL source of info.