Disconnecting adjustable accelerator pedal sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC Hukon

Reaction score
2004 Yukon Denali - This has the adjustable brake and accelerator pedals. I can remove the mounting bolts easily enough with a wobble extension and 10mm socket. And the sensor wiring came off easily enough. Problem is how to disconnect the wiring to the electric motor which adjusts the pedal height.

I’ve loosened the locking collar, and I don’t see any secondary locking mechanism. But how do I disconnect wire from the pedal assembly. Twist? Pull straight out? Any help appreciated.

NC Hukon

Reaction score
I’m going to try to upload a photo of the accelerator wire that I’m trying to disconnect.

Attachments

• DD0C436F-29CF-4B9A-9C13-ABE4B2FDCC2C.jpeg
    DD0C436F-29CF-4B9A-9C13-ABE4B2FDCC2C.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1

NC Hukon

Reaction score
I’ve figured it out. There are a couple of locking clips that you have to release to free up the motor wire.There is a little access opening below each nub that sticks out (the nubs that secure the protective plastic collar). I freed these clips by inserting a microscrewdriver (flat head) into the hole and pushing in and up. Once they are freed, the motor cable pops right out.

NC Hukon

Reaction score
Also, replacing the accelerator pedal position sensor on this 2004 Yukon with 223K miles made a huge difference in responsiveness. No more lag time between pedal and engine.