Ditching the L7s for bigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude your box isn't letting those L7s breath, get some port volume and they'll easily be twice as loud. I just ditched my single ported L7 for a sealed enclosure because it was just too loud (mid 130s but pretty good for a single driver with poor preout voltage). Build a nerd box for that sh*t and it will hammer louder than an Fi without enough power, thats probably the best way to cook one of those BTLs too.

tann808

Reaction score
I perfer the 18" Fi BTL over the L7 anyday and with 2000RMS, it's perfect. BUT thats if you want to go the SPL way.

The DC level 4 are nice subs also.

IMO the DD's have a weird sound, I'm not saying thier sh*tty but not my choice of subs.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Qs would be properly powered? boost if u would want to design me that box then ill try it out. these Qs are hard as hell to find and i got a feeling it will be a while until i find a pair

JAY DEE

Reaction score
I would stick with the L7s and if i upgraded i would just get the "15" L7s. I have 3 "15" L5s in my hoe and thats to much for me so i rarely turn it on. oh and as drumscum said i would suggest some electrical upgrades if you havent done so already especially the H/O alternator

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for now im gonna do a new box with 3 4" aero ports and see how that turns out. ive got 1/0 and 4 run and the big 3 so im not in too much trouble