DJM 3'' lowering springs.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark

Reaction score
Plenty of options here:
1. Use the 3" drop springs with shock extensions and lower the front to match. Trim fender liners or heat them up and push them back like I did.
2. Go with some other 2" rear springs and still maintain some rake to the rear.
3. Buy some 5" rear coils, shock extensions, 3/4 ton chevy torsion keys, and buy a set of 285/45/22 tires or 305/40/22.

I like the last option myself, jk's tahoe looks mean as **** with the 3/5 drop on 305s but make sure you do the djm free travel mod regardless of what lowering spring you decide on. I've installed the belltech 2" rear coils and it sat a good 2 1/4" lower than stock...perfect if you like the way the front looks now.

Can you elaborate on how you went about doing this?
I'm interested.

The picture with the green paint on the keys, mark the key according to the frame. Just run white out straight across the key and the frame. And YES, you will have to do alighnment afterwards. The alighnment will be altered once the keys are moved. And i honestly dont think your going to be able to tell a difference with lowering it that much. I was only going to get a 2/3 drop, but my friend convinced me ( pretty easily ) to go witht he 3/5.Glad i did it. Do your tires stick out the side of the truck. Maybe thats why you rub. Take some pics of your truck and where the rub, and maybe well be able to help a little more. Your on gmfullsize, huh?

Here's some pics I took of my tires:

IMG_2603.jpg

Front right:
IMG_2604.jpg

Front left:
IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

You can see where the tire rubs, due to the window washer reservoir bottle protruding out.

TireRub_FrontLeft_2.jpg

TireRub_FrontLeft_1.jpg

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
Just trim that part of the fender liner. not a big deal

Problem is, right behind the fender part is the white bottle which holds the window washer fluid. And that plastic is being rubbed from the tire as well. So I would have to move that entire white bottle and relocate it somewhere else.