Does anyone know where I can get new seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in August, I was driving a BMW around for a month while I was tearing up the interior of the hoe to try and find a leak. During that time, I found that the BMW's seats can go more positions than my Tahoe's can and I found one that I loved. I found I like my seats straighter than most, and my Tahoe can't actually go that straight. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that sells aftermarket seats that I can find that will fit where the existing seat is now.

If anyone could help, or share any comments, that would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm starting to get frustrated when I drive my car because I can never get comfortable...

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
Seat out of the Denalis and Escalades will fit in your Tahoe. I installed the Escalade seats in mine and they are quite nice. You should be able to find some at a wrecking yard.

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat out of the Denalis and Escalades will fit in your Tahoe. I installed the Escalade seats in mine and they are quite nice. You should be able to find some at a wrecking yard.

Would all Denali's and Escalades fit? Or only up to 99?

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any seat from any vehicle can be made to work in your car. The real question is how much work are you willing to do?

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but what years will just bolt right in? Id like to do mine as well....does the back one bolt right in 2? thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive actaully seen Mercedes seats in a tahoe before. not sure if it was bolt in. but it lookd sweeet

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My next question is, are all of the seats the same? I don't really want to go buy one if the seat is the exact same one I have now and still have the same problem

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
My next question is, are all of the seats the same? I don't really want to go buy one if the seat is the exact same one I have now and still have the same problem

My Tahoe had heated seats before so the controls look to be roughly the same. The material is definately different on the Escalades.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my question is, are the connectors the same in the denali's and escalades for the power to the seats?

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
Plugs are the same on mine. You should be able to retrofit the heated portion of the seats by adding a relay.

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to have to start calling around junkyards. only problem I see is that if I don't like it, i'm stuck with a seat. I'm thinking about going the escalade route. i don't care at this point if it has the cadillac crown anymore. i just need to do something. I have to tilt the seat down, so I feel like I'm falling out of it, and my knee hits the dash, so if I get in an accident, my knee will be f'ed

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have steel flyer seats, basically first class airplane seats, i thinkt there a total of 10-12 different ways to adjust the seat(back up and down, mid up and down, mid back up and down, etc) there amazing, feels like a lazy boy.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really think the Caddy seats will be any different than what's in there now? I'll bet you dollars to donuts that they are the exact same seat with different upholstery...

If you go to another brand of seat, you really only have to drill 4 holes maximum per seat. Just make sure that the seat itself is level to the interior (you may need shims) AND that the floor is reinforced where the bolts go through. Just look at how your current one is mounted for ideas...