Door lock problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harbison

Reaction score
Bought a 1998 2 Door Tahoe. Doors lock automatically when put in gear and unlock when turned off but neither door button works. Any ideas where to start? Doesn't have a key fob. Thanks for your help

gary350

Reaction score
On my vehicle the door locks are attached to those automatic devices that automatically lock and unlock the doors. I pushed the button too hard once and broke it. It cost me $100 to repair it. Now I know not to push with the buttons let the automatic thing do the job. If you want to lock or unlock flip the switch on the driver side door dont touch the door buttons.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull each switch take a wire and short from orange to either white or blue, should lock/ unlock, if so, replace switches. You wont damage anything doing this test as the switch does this internally, or you could use a meter to ohm it out like that....

Harbison

Reaction score
Here's what I've learned: the fuse keeps blowing. I even put in a 30 and it still blows. Has something to do with aftermarket stereo

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, thought you said you had function from the automatic locks but not the switches? With the fuse blown does the autolock still function? When does the fuse blow (immedieately upon insertion, or after a function?) Does unhooking the stereo make a difference? What caused you to think it has something to do with it?

Orange wire at lock should have 12v on it other two just control a relay pack under pass dash infront of blower motor....