Double-DIN -- Why so cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"XO Vision"
thats why its so cheap. typically you would get a high end unit because on these cheaper units the picture quality sucks and the audio capabilities arent that great. if you honestly want a cheap good double din, pioneer and kenwood make decent ones. I just wouldnt recomend gettin a cheap one and regretting it down the road.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input...never heard of that brand before - guess that should be a detterrent. Especially their warranty service description is VERY detailed :skep:

BOSS

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anymore you don't even get what you pay for. How far will it stick out of the dash? the SD and USB slots are located on the sides. Nice idea but poor engineering for that. Everything about it advertises but a Pioneer or Kenwood, for the extra bill you'll feel better

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what hu would you guys recomend? I was thinking about going with either a Alpine iva-w205 , or teh pionner avic 9000bt. what do you guys suggest?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenwood dnx 8120 is ill, I'm gonna scoop the alpine iva-w505 along with their imprint sound processor. Can't go wrong with alpine.

vwb5t

Reaction score
Just put in an Alpine W505 and i love it, the sound is great the ipod control is great. all i need to do is hook up the steering wheel controls and everything will be great.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put in an Alpine W505 and i love it, the sound is great the ipod control is great. all i need to do is hook up the steering wheel controls and everything will be great.

I just gave you a yellow flag for too many uses of the word great.

:beerchug:

BOSS

kdummer

Reaction score
hey just got on today, but the pioneer has a $200 instant rebate until March 31st. I sell them in my store and it is a nice unit. They have the 7000bt if you just want video and the 9000bt if you want both navi and video

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what hu would you guys recomend? I was thinking about going with either a Alpine iva-w205 , or teh pionner avic 9000bt. what do you guys suggest?

stay away from the alpine in my opinion. the new 505 is almost the same as the 205, 505 has just a few new features. for the price of the alpines you can get dd's that are already gps,bluetooth and ipod ready. i think the 505 is like 700, then all the acc's you need. plus the gps brick is another 700.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stay away from the alpine in my opinion. the new 505 is almost the same as the 205, 505 has just a few new features. for the price of the alpines you can get dd's that are already gps,bluetooth and ipod ready. i think the 505 is like 700, then all the acc's you need. plus the gps brick is another 700.

So what would you recomend then. I'm trying not to spend hella money, but also dont want to get something that is bad quality.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what would you recomend then. I'm trying not to spend hella money, but also dont want to get something that is bad quality.

dont get me wrong the alpine is nice but the price is very high. i would go with a pioneer or kenwood. i went with the jvc cuz i didnt need nav. plus i like the jvc i can take the whole screen off the headunit and put it in the diaper bag with me.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that i may go with this head unit. You can pick one up for a little over $500 or so.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that i may go with this head unit. You can pick one up for a little over $500 or so.

Took the words out of my mouth! Supports rear cam too

BOSS