Electric fan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevytech03

Reaction score
If you don't mind spending a few bucks, want a factory setup, ecm controlled and monitored elect cooling fans.I bought new '05 fan assy off ebay around $250, bolts right in, no modifications. Purchased from GM, front headlamp wire harness assy for a 05 Tahoe, comes with factory wireing and fuse block for factory elect cooling fans, just remove fan wireing from harness, put in conduit and installed. Called GM and got a VCI(program) for ecm to enable elect cooling fans. I work at a GM dealer and have done 4 of these set ups.It is a factory set up, look wise and function wise. This way it is monitored by ecm, if a fan is not working it will turn on ck eng light and set a code, lets you know of a problem before you overheat, hopefully. Here is link to fans on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories. I can get part # for wire harness if needed. This works on 03 and up tahoes, 02 and older ecm are not capable of elect fan operation, will have to add coolant temp switch and wire into ac circuit. P.S., my ac will freeze you out at idle in 100deg heat now.

Last edited:

alex29573

Reaction score
how much is that harness b/c nelsonperformance.com sells a nice one???

how much would the dealer charge for that flash to enable the fans?

chevytech03

Reaction score
harness cost is around $175, GM charges $50 for the vci(program) dealer would prolly charge around $40-$90 to program the vehicle. Like i said, it's a little pricy, but it is factory and reliable, have low and high speed and be monitored. The nelson harness would probly work.I forgot to mention that you will have to add 2 wires to ecm connector for high and low speed fan signals. i can give wire diagram if needed and tell were to add circuits to ecm. Not really that hard to do if have some mechanical experience.

lazyd

Reaction score
anyone know a good site for these efans to fit 01yukon? looking to do this swap with harness from nelsonperformance

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fan conversion

harness cost is around $175, GM charges $50 for the vci(program) dealer would prolly charge around $40-$90 to program the vehicle. Like i said, it's a little pricy, but it is factory and reliable, have low and high speed and be monitored. The nelson harness would probly work.I forgot to mention that you will have to add 2 wires to ecm connector for high and low speed fan signals. i can give wire diagram if needed and tell were to add circuits to ecm. Not really that hard to do if have some mechanical experience.

Hi there i just got the 06 fan assembly and i want to complete the conversion to work with the stock setup so any help would be greatly apreciated.
i have the 03 tahoe lt.

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
electric fans conv

I have the fans from a 06 escalade, i just need the harnes # and the wiring diagram to conect the wires to the pcm. any help is greatly apreciated