electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigm-13

Reaction score
Putting a Hayden dual electric fan kit on the '98 Tahoe. Does anyone know if and where there is a port in the coolant system to install the coolant temperature probe to control the fan speed? It's model 3651 adjustable thermostatic fan control or if there is a different way to wire it: like tapping into the 2 wire existing factory coolant temp sender on the thermostat lower housing or what's the system most commonly used for electric fans. any assistance would be appreciated.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cooling system on your Tahoe should be pretty sufficient unless you spend a lot of time in traffic in very high heat, I only got a suburban to get hot (not even overheat) by getting it stuck in the mud and spending 20 minutes trying to get it unstuck with 4wd engaged (long time ago)

never hurts to replace the thermostat (supposed to be every 7-10k miles or something like that)

The electric fan should have come with a set of directions? I would call up the company and tell them:
1. The product you bought
2. what you are trying to do
3. year/make/model of your vehicle

They should be pretty knowledgeable about how to install their own product

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Lester here. My fans came with the fin type sensor. Just push it between the fins and wire it in.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could get one of the fixed variety and one adjustable and set the lower one to kick both fans on in series (slow), second to kick on at a higher temp in high (parallel)

Khog26

Reaction score
Hey i have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 the problem that I'm having when I turn the truck off my fans stay on I remove the relays and they'll turn off put in new ones and I still have the same problem any suggestions