electric fans

Discussion in 'General Tahoe/Yukon Discussion Forum' started by bigm-13, Feb 16, 2015.

1. bigm-13

bigm-13 New Member

Putting a Hayden dual electric fan kit on the '98 Tahoe. Does anyone know if and where there is a port in the coolant system to install the coolant temperature probe to control the fan speed? It's model 3651 adjustable thermostatic fan control or if there is a different way to wire it: like tapping into the 2 wire existing factory coolant temp sender on the thermostat lower housing or what's the system most commonly used for electric fans. any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Ice98

Ice98 Full Access Member

The cooling system on your Tahoe should be pretty sufficient unless you spend a lot of time in traffic in very high heat, I only got a suburban to get hot (not even overheat) by getting it stuck in the mud and spending 20 minutes trying to get it unstuck with 4wd engaged (long time ago)

never hurts to replace the thermostat (supposed to be every 7-10k miles or something like that)

The electric fan should have come with a set of directions? I would call up the company and tell them:
    1. The product you bought
    2. what you are trying to do
    3. year/make/model of your vehicle

They should be pretty knowledgeable about how to install their own product

3. lesterl

lesterl Full Access Member

Just get a radiator fin stat.....

4. treepete

treepete Full Access Member

I agree with Lester here. My fans came with the fin type sensor. Just push it between the fins and wire it in.

5. lesterl

lesterl Full Access Member

Could get one of the fixed variety and one adjustable and set the lower one to kick both fans on in series (slow), second to kick on at a higher temp in high (parallel)

6. Khog26

Khog26 New Member

Hey i have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 the problem that I'm having when I turn the truck off my fans stay on I remove the relays and they'll turn off put in new ones and I still have the same problem any suggestions