Electrical Connection for Backlights of Instrument Panel/ Door Chime/Headlights Chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enohelay

Reaction score
My vehicle is a 2002 GMC Yukon SLT. I put my car in the shop about a year ago to have the AC evaporator replaced. It is my understanding that the entire dash has to be removed to access the part. Since I had my car returned to me, a few things have not worked the same. The most noticeable difference is the backlights of the instrument cluster and front controls of the vehicle don't come on with the headlights/interior lights toggle wheel. This includes the instrument cluster, main AC/heater controls, traction control, headlight controls, and the like. Also, the door chime does not function when the key is in the ignition like it used to, and the headlight reminder chime does not work when you leave the headlights on when exiting the vehicle. Obviously, this has something to do with the reassembly of the dash that was taken apart for the AC evaporator repair. I'm thinking that the circuit for these backlights and chimes are all contained on one connection that was not reconnected during reassembly, but I can not confirm this via online research of Chilton's Guide. I was hoping you guys could provide an answer, both on if I'm on the right path and also on how deep that connection may be in taking the dash back apart; more specifically, if it would even be worth going after. I understand it was my fault not returning to the place of business right when I noticed this, but it has now been put off for a year and too much time has passed to have them do it for me. I'm comfortable taking the dash apart and reassembling it, I am just trying to get an answer of how long it may take and if that even is the cause of my troubles. Additionally, I apologize if this is being put in the wrong discussion forum, as I am brand new to the site. Thanks everyone.

NJTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I know it has been some time, but have you tried calling them about it? Even though it has been a year, they might be willing to help you out before you try to find the problem yourself. The worse thing they can do is say no, and you can still try to troubleshoot on your own if thats the case. But It might save you some time if they say yes.