Engine odor coming in thru the air vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddTahoe

Reaction score
I have the 2007 Chevy Tahoe and am noticing almost an exhuast smell coming into the cabin. I read that my year Tahoe does not have cabin filters. any other ideas on where I should start

thanks
Todd

jherkel

Reaction score
Not sure about the exhaust smell but my 07 has a musty odor when I turn my AC on. Since these Tahoe don't have cabin filters there is obviously nothing filtering any odors or moisture through the vents. Moisture can build up and cause a foul smell. Usually spraying Lysol or something into the intake vent will help. If you put your AC on Recirc from the inside and still smell it then its probably not exhaust. If you have it pulling air from the outside then yeah it could be. Put your AC on where its pulling air from the inside of your truck and see if you still smell it. If so, open your glove compartment, Pull the little tab up top that holds your glove compartment in and release it to let it open all the way to the floor and you will see the vent that pulls the air through the vents. looks like a mini gate with insulation on it. it should be open. spray come Lysol through there, not to much cause it will get into your blower motor, and then see if it helps. if not then idk. that's my 2 cents. good luck!