Engine wavers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevylicious002

Reaction score
So I've posed about the fuel pump problems we've been having, but it's started something new recently.
When accelerating, the engine sounds like it's wavering? Could it be related to the other issue we have, or something diff? We're fixing to drive from OK to TX, so we're kinda concerned about how it'll do... Don't wanna get stranded!

Chevylicious002

Reaction score
My thread above, when I said wavering, I guess I meant sluggish, like it's not getting enough fuel (which we knew that much already). When you accelerate too much, engine light flashes. When you try to start it, it sounds like it's not gonna start as if it were on E (but it does start).
We've changed fuel pump twice, the last time a little over 6 months ago.
We don't know a LOT about cars, but we know the basics. So what we're havin the most trouble with is, when it comes to OBD codes (multiple engine misfire, evap, and lean) we know one code can cause others to go off. And also the symptoms of a problem seem to fall under multiple different things, so we don't really know where to start. And we can't afford an auto shop. So any suggestions or input would be appreciated. Thanks.