escalade tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey im a new member and starting to mod my hoe... i was wondering if the escalade stock tails fit the tahoe tails ... if not do the danali tails work... also will the kmc rockstars fit? Is there any one out there who has done that and put low profile tires with them? thanks guys

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum vendor jazejeff sells some after-market LED tails that look identical to the esky tails.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the IPCW LED Smoke tails and they're a direct plug n play.

DSC00201.jpg

houtex

Reaction score
Nice clean truck. Where did you get the tails? Do they come red?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Eskys will fit but the edges stick out just a bit, doesn't look bad but it is noticeable. I think the Rockstars will fit too.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice clean truck. Where did you get the tails? Do they come red?

I got the tails from Z Motive in GA. They took about 3 weeks to deliver, but were worth it. The come in red also. I would search them out for best deal.

houtex

Reaction score
Could I see more pics of your truck? I'm interested in the wheel well trim/splash guard on it.
I have been finding alot of sites that carry LED tails. I'm kinda scared because when I was younger I purchased a set for my 87 Honda Accord and they leaked and then went dead in about two months after install. I'm looking for quality of course and would like to here reviews about the tails if you could.
Boy i ask alot for a new guy:rolleyes:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could I see more pics of your truck? I'm interested in the wheel well trim/splash guard on it.
I have been finding alot of sites that carry LED tails. I'm kinda scared because when I was younger I purchased a set for my 87 Honda Accord and they leaked and then went dead in about two months after install. I'm looking for quality of course and would like to here reviews about the tails if you could.
Boy i ask alot for a new guy:rolleyes:

Had mine since winter of '07. So far so good. IMO the IPCW LED's look the best.
The muds are a GM Molded flap. Go GM accessories and take a look at what they have to offer.
http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/index.php

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

houtex

Reaction score
Thanks JBG. Those flaps look clean. Now I gotta save for something else. I also saw the white side mirror caps,I'll be getting those too. I'm not to fond of my chrome ones.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the IPCW LED Smoke tails and they're a direct plug n play.

DSC00201.jpg

Hey, are these the platinum smoke? In all the pictures I have seen online of the smoked ones, they all look clear. Yours looks darker than the pics and WAY nicer. Are they clear or dark when off?
KJ

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, are these the platinum smoke? In all the pictures I have seen online of the smoked ones, they all look clear. Yours looks darker than the pics and WAY nicer. Are they clear or dark when off?
KJ

I believe mine are Bermuda Black, not smoke, like I originally stated. They're black when not illuminated.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey im a new member and starting to mod my hoe... i was wondering if the escalade stock tails fit the tahoe tails ... if not do the danali tails work...

As you've heard, the Esky tails will fit, but you should not underestimate the amount of electrical modding you'd also have to do. If you Google around, you'll find more info on some other forums regarding how to do it with load resistors and harness mods. If you use actual Esky tails, you can also replace the upper vent cap things (pillar shrouds or whatever they're called), so you don't get the effect of the tail light poking out on the corner.

I also went with IPCW tails on my Denali. No issues here, product is solid for me for about a year now, though at least one guy I know of had a bad set (condensation). Links in my sig will point you to lots of pics and product links.

Welcome, and good luck!