Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffhoupe

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum. Have a couple issues that I can't seem to solve.
I have an 08 LTZ. Engine light came on so we plugged our scanner in, shows p0455, EVAP. Researched and found there is a service bulletin on the issue. Went to gm and bought the updated kit for $150 (ridiculous, a problem like that should be a recall). Anyway, changed the canister with all the new stuff and put a new gas cap on for piece of mind. Still pops up 0455 saying large EVAP leak. Any ideas why this would happen with the new kit in place?

Second issue, it has 147k on it so it was time to rebuild front end. Pulled diff, replaced all bearings, races and seals (thank goodness, carrier bearings were shot). New control arms, tie rods, wheel bearings and cv joints. While backing up and having wheels turned hard, when proceeding forward the is a loud pop. Everything I put on is new and tight. Can't figure out what this loud pop is.
Thanks