exhaust ideas?-quiet inside- loud out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talks Cheap

Reaction score
do not want inside drone. do not want thet glasspack sound. thanks
Also im sure in v4 mode it will sound like s--- if its loud.

Last edited:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a Flowmaster Whore, I run a 50 series muffler but if had the same set up as you do I would go a 40 series. You can't go wrong with a flowmaster.

Talks Cheap

Reaction score
exhaust

I am also a flowmaster fan but I just put it on my 08 vette and it has a bad interior drone. Although when down on the pedal it sounds awesome. thanks

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From other posts on this and other forums, it seems there is a lot of support for Magnaflow.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow is definately the answer for you, deep rumble outside and quiet inside. The only time you can really notice it inside is when you really get on the throttle, and as far as I've heard the sound doesn't change in V4 mode because at highway mode you can't even tell you have a custom exhaust system, it just quiets up so you don't get that drone. If you go with Magnaflow you won't be dissapointed! Good Luck! :Chevy:

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow is definately the answer for you, deep rumble outside and quiet inside. The only time you can really notice it inside is when you really get on the throttle, and as far as I've heard the sound doesn't change in V4 mode because at highway mode you can't even tell you have a custom exhaust system, it just quiets up so you don't get that drone. If you go with Magnaflow you won't be dissapointed! Good Luck! :Chevy:

Same here.. magnaflow is the way to go... i got one and man it sounds perfect. my wife did not notice.. as long you dont get to hard on the throttle.. on the out side.. you can clearly hear the nice deep tone.. also.. the polish look of it its very nice I added a nice tip for a final clean look pictures attached.

Attachments

• tahoe 023.jpg
    tahoe 023.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 32
  • tahoe 019.jpg
    tahoe 019.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 27
  • tahoe 022.jpg
    tahoe 022.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 29
  • tahoe 018.jpg
    tahoe 018.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 29

shadytahoe

Reaction score
that looks sick i love the way it looks where can i purchase taht set up at a good price

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks sick i love the way it looks where can i purchase taht set up at a good price

I just got the muffler and the tip at a local muffler shop... in total I paid around $225 installed.

*NOTE make sure that if you buy it.. get the biggest one.. I dont know how they are call to identify one from the other.. but I was told the larger the muffler the quiter it is..

Last edited:

shadytahoe

Reaction score
would you happen to know if that is the same system you can buy off line?

bryanc1819

Reaction score
Did you guys pay $225 for the entire catback system or just the muffler and tip?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was inquiring if you knew what the muffler part number was.

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the price of muffler alone, to answer your question no I don't know the parts number, if you go to your local exhaust shop they should know. :Chevy:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought there'd be more than one muffler that could be used. I hate to get one that's not the same as what you described as may be louder or drone. Like Flowmaster has several different series and each is a different loudness.

Maybe your P/N is on your receipt. :cheers:

Last edited:

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought there'd be more than one muffler that could be used. I hate to get one that's not the same as what you described as may be louder or drone. Like Flowmaster has several different series and each is a different loudness.

Maybe your P/N is on your receipt. :cheers:

I paid cashh.. no tax so no reciept.. but i can tell you that out of the ones this guy has.. he told me.. to get the biggest one.. i think they have 4 sizes and he also mention something about the diameter on the inlet or so.. so i went with the smallest one to keep the sound lower on the inside. Just go to your local shop and see what they have.. tell them exactly what you want and that you have heard that magnaflow has one that it is not very load and its very common to be used on a SUV.

Big muffler smaller pipe diameter is the way to go.. from what i understood.

Hope this helps.. maybe on monday i will call the shop and ask them for more details.. maybe a P/N to be more exact.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Would like to get something close to the 2.75" diameter of the stock pipes so they can expand it to fit without adapters.