exhaust ideas?-quiet inside- loud out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOE22

Reaction score
Weird exhaust pics

This is coming from the service dept. of the largest Chevy dealer in Montana. The Y-tip is very much magnaflow, and i haven't climbed under to peek at the muffler, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Jeff's Camera 048.jpg
    Jeff's Camera 048.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Jeff's Camera 049.jpg
    Jeff's Camera 049.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Jeff's Camera 050.jpg
    Jeff's Camera 050.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 3

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not look right. That tip looks like it is for a car with rear exiting exhaust. It seems like they used parts that were just lying around the shop and made this Frankenstein exhaust...

I say go back to the dealer and have them put on the exhaust you ordered. Bring your service order and pictures of the actual exhaust you had intended to install. Not even close to the Corsa or Borla.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not look right. That tip looks like it is for a car with rear exiting exhaust. It seems like they used parts that were just lying around the shop and made this Frankenstein exhaust...

I say go back to the dealer and have them put on the exhaust you ordered. Bring your service order and pictures of the actual exhaust you had intended to install. Not even close to the Corsa or Borla.

+1

I don't think you got what you paid for.

TAHOE22

Reaction score
yeah, things will be made right tomorrow. if this was the actually magnaflow i might have kept it and saved some cash. but i hate the way this looks. definately the wrong tip. As i have already paid for the borla, i better get one. keep you all informed.

S

smmperformance

Hi. Do let me know if I can help with this in anyway. I would be more than pleased to sell you the actual Magnaflow or Borla exhaust at an even more discounted rate, just to see another happy board member!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Do let me know if I can help with this in anyway. I would be more than pleased to sell you the actual Magnaflow or Borla exhaust at an even more discounted rate, just to see another happy board member!

I went on your website tried to look at prices but it said I had to register. Whats up with that?

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is coming from the service dept. of the largest Chevy dealer in Montana. The Y-tip is very much magnaflow, and i haven't climbed under to peek at the muffler, but you get the idea.

Not to stir the pot any more but that y-tip is cheesy, very pep boys. have them install a real dual out. I think you got screwed, sorry dude.

S

smmperformance

I went on your website tried to look at prices but it said I had to register. Whats up with that?

Hi. This must be done due to MAP Pricing restrictions... We are limited on how we can advertise our products because we offer such low pricing, so we have to monitor our customers! Also helps to get in touch with out customers and send them out free materials, etc...
If you do not wish to register, for your pricing, simply email me us at [email protected]

TAHOE22

Reaction score
Well, i talked to the Accessory manager today, who is the guy i dealt with in the first place. He said as far as he knew i was walking out with a borla. He obviously didn't see it, cuz that thing IS fugly. :yesnod: Anywho, he was pissed off and did some talking and i guess the shop forman decided to try some tricks. So i guess that guy might be losing his job or paying for my borla or a corsa sport out of his pocket.

At least i know i'll be getting what i want... just one more day in the shop. Not that big of a deal.

Oh yeah, my AEM Brute Force is in and will go on the same day........
if it really is an AEM.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried to look around too and I am not fond of joining somthing I might not like you should try zonebased pages it would work better

Hi. This must be done due to MAP Pricing restrictions... We are limited on how we can advertise our products because we offer such low pricing, so we have to monitor our customers! Also helps to get in touch with out customers and send them out free materials, etc...
If you do not wish to register, for your pricing, simply email me us at [email protected]

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, i talked to the Accessory manager today, who is the guy i dealt with in the first place. He said as far as he knew i was walking out with a borla. He obviously didn't see it, cuz that thing IS fugly. :yesnod: Anywho, he was pissed off and did some talking and i guess the shop forman decided to try some tricks. So i guess that guy might be losing his job or paying for my borla or a corsa sport out of his pocket.

At least i know i'll be getting what i want... just one more day in the shop. Not that big of a deal.

Oh yeah, my AEM Brute Force is in and will go on the same day........
if it really is an AEM.

That's great news!

Good job sticking to your guns and getting what you paid for.

I look forward to pictures of the correct exhaust!