Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squealer

Reaction score
Whats up everyone! Im new here, just bought a 94 "Blazer". Ive been wanting one for the longest and finally found one and got a great deal on it. I just got it and the previous owner did some exhaust work to it but I hate the sound of it. I took it to my exhaust guy to check it out and we found out that it has some kind of flowmaster on it and the cat was deleted. The exhaust dude said that with no cat and a regular chambered flowmaster that it sounds like crap. It sounds like some old tractor. He recomends a super 40 flowmaster and to leave the cat off because the super 40 has fiberglass on the inside and helps with the resonating and was designed to be on cars with no cats. Is this true? Ive never heard of anything like that but I just want a cleaner sounding exhaust.

I asked him about magnaflows and he says there a realy good muffler but he doesnt have any in stock so it would be a couple days to get them in. I like the sound of magnaflows on mustangs so I was thinking of going with the magnaflow but im undecided between the magnaflow or the flowmaster.

What do you guys think?

Squealer

Reaction score
im starting to lean towards the flowmaster. Im real impatient and dont think I can wait till like tuesday to get it done lol. I told him i was gonna check out some sound clips to see what sounds best. I just hate the exhaust thats on there now. It sounds like crap and has a fugly ass tip on it. It looks like a semi truck exhaust tip.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put a 40 series delta flow on my truck and i love it. not too noisy inside the cab and sound sgood outside.

wwwcode

Reaction score
I had to wait a week for mine to come in... Now i can't sleep the anticipation is killing me... Can't wait to hear it.... Since im poor im only dropping in the muffler and keeping the stock pipes for now.... I listened to clips for like a month before i decided on the Flowmaster.... after i get it installed tomorrow ill let you know my honest opinion...

Squealer

Reaction score
hmmm, i think i like the magnaflows with cats better, im just gonna go with the super 40's. Ill try and get a before and after clip up tommorow.

wwwcode

Reaction score
Just got a super 40 put on my tahoe today and love it... my brother is going to put one on his yukon and my buddy is putting one on his escalade now because they like my flowmaster so much... i think i drove 200 miles today just to hear it... i also noticed that my temp gaunge is resting slightly lower than where it used to... is this because of the exhaust?? love the way it sounds... to me its perfect.........