factory alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2sdesgone

Reaction score
Okay, my husband says I worded my question wrong, so here goes: He changed the battery in my 01 tahoe, the factory alarm worked before, (you know, the horn beeps and the lights flash when you lock it), now, it does'nt. Does anything have to be reprogrammed or reset? I looked in the owners manual but couldnt find anything about it.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally you don't have to reprogram but something may have happened. Sounds like it may have lost programming. Not sure if you can do it on your own or just run to a dealership quick and have them reprogram.

Only other thing I can think of is by coincidence, the battery in your key fob went bad at the same time.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this works on 00-02

Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch.
While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one keyless remote. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

hope it helps